Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, November 18, 2010

I was talking

with Misty this morning, and she asked, "What are you doing?"
I replied, "Making a flower for my purse."
"I thought you were through making flowers."
Well, um, I'm through buying fabric for flowers,
but there are still some I want to make."
Misty asks, "You're making them for your purse?"
Yes, I made one for my black purse and now for my red purse.

You have to realize that Misty and I are on the
same page when it comes to purses. 
We are always on the lookout for the "perfect" purse.
We've come very, very close this time.

This summer at the Bear Lake Craft fair we came upon
a booth selling Miche Bags. (google it, and you'll see them)
You buy an inner purse, and then switch out the shells, or outer purses.

Misty got a diaper bag shell and a regular purse shell.
Almost every time I talk to her I ask if she still loves it.
She always says, yes.
Here she is with a big grin on her face as she contemplates
the perfect purse (or diaper bag)


Here is my black purse that I am retiring for a while.

This is the inner bag that the shell folds over on.

Here's a peek in side the inner bag.
And here's my red (for Christmas) outer shell
with the newly attached flower. 
Yup, I think we may be on to something here.

3 comments:

Misty B. said...

I love the flowers on them. I'll have to make me some flowers for mine. I was picturing them toward the top of purse but I really like them in the middle!

Tiffany said...

Super cute, as always. Love you!

Gary said...

Great big bulls-eye is how I would describe the flowers. Something for a purse snatcher to really focus on, so-to-speak. :-)