Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I guess I'll do anything

to avoid going down into the "Deep."
Even blog about the "Deep."
I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 9:30.
I was determined to get up early (which I did)
and go downstairs to clean out the "Deep."
I mean really clean out the "Deep."
Not just a surface clean out of the "Deep."
Well, I better stop saying "Deep"
and head down there.


FYI:  the Deep is the 4th level storage room.  We've always called it that because, well, just because it fits.  You can probably conjure up images of what is in there.  When Natalie was little, she would talk about the "Deep" to people and didn't understand why they didn't know what she was talking about.  She thought every basement was called the "Deep."

4 comments:

Misty B. said...

I've never realy thought about how ominous "the deep" sounds. It's been a part of my life for a long time!

Nat said...

I really did think everyone had a "Deep" I didn't get why my friends looked at me weird when I said it.
Needless to say when I grew up I was shocked.
I also used to think Duke's first name was Duke....I was lied mislead a lot as a child...

Venise said...

You should call and I will come help you clean out the "Deep".
I love reading your blog. I'm so glad you do a blog.
Venise

Becky said...

I'm starting to think that this "Deep" will never be clean. I read about you cleaning it so often that I wonder if you have a Deep monster that is keeping it messy just to force you to clean it. You just need some Deep Monster repellent.