Crinkled Oranges

Friday, November 26, 2010

Snippits of our Thanksgiving Day

Natalie came over early to help in all the last minute things. I'm so grateful for Natalie, She always brings such a loving spirit with her. I feel blessed to have her as our daughter. After watching a movie later that evening, she and Gary came upstairs and we dismantled the tables and decorations.
She is a sweetheart.,  And, so is Gary.
"Hey Annette,"  That explains my expression.
And the fun and food begins







 After dessert we all descended upon Gary and Lynn's new house.
They were just finishing their dinner
Gary's training as a lawyer came out as he had each child
stand in front as he interrogated them
about what they liked, what they do. 
 It was very sweet. 
The kids love having the attention on them. 










 

And after all that, Ed and Christa were sweet enough to come back to our house so Ed (the chiropractor) could give Natalie and me an adjustment.  I think Ed deserves an extra dessert next time I see him.  What kind should it be?

I feel so blessed.  I guess that's all I can say.  I miss my other daughters, son-in-laws, and grandchildren all the time.  But more important than my missing them, is the knowledge that they are in  marriages and families where they feel loved and cherished.   That they are healthy, that they are striving to be good people, and that because we live in this technological time, I can still be a part of their lives. 

I am very blessed.





3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Very Sweet. Loved the photos. Wish we could have been there. You are special.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

People who know how blessed they are bless other's lives. Maybe that is why you are such a nurturer. The photos are beautiful. What a nice Thanksgiving day you had. Annette, I chuckled when I saw the fabric flower ON YOUR APRON! You are amazing.

Marci said...

We are sad that we couldn't be with you this year! Hope to see you all over the holidays.

Love, Marci