Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, April 20, 2013

My sewing bag.


I love this bag.  I keep all my needles and almost empty spools of thread in it.  Anytime I need to do any hand sewing, this is what I grab.  Today while riding in the car, I brought it along so I could bind the runners I'm working on.

It was my grandma Hall's bag.  We called her Gran.  I don't remember her using it, as I was only 9 when she died, but when Mom gave it to me she told me it was Gran's.  Gran died in 1964, so that makes it at least 50 years old, but probably a lot older than that.   It is one of my favorite things, not only because of the sentiment, but also because I just love the color and design.

  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that bag. I am so glad you still have it.

Angie Murphy said...

I can't believe how much her and grandma look alike. What a great treasure.