Crinkled Oranges

Monday, April 8, 2013

We were lucky

to see Hyrum play many games while we were in Missouri.  And, of course, Harrison is the official bat boy and an integral part of the team.






 But, sadly, Jackson was only able to pitch half a game and had to stop because of pain in his back.  I suggested to Misty that she call Ed, our unofficial family chiropractor, to get some advice.  Ed went above and beyond.  He talked to Jackson and had him do different movements and describe how it felt.  He suggested what the problem could be, and sent him exercises and suggestions on what he should do and what he shouldn't do.  He suggested Jackson go to a chiropractor, and the chiropractor agreed with what Ed had said.

Wow, what a difference it made.  Jackson was diligent about doing what Ed suggested.  It has been hard for him not to play for a week (or more) but it has made such a difference having Ed's advice.  (He listened to Ed like he wouldn't have listened to novices).  

It is such a blessing to have family and friends share their time, training, and expertise.  Now I want to pay it forward and share my experience with baking with Ed.   I'm be waiting to hear what form that should take.      

3 comments:

Misty B. said...

Ed is still helping Jackson so much. I don't know how he finds the time to send the emails and call almost daily. We're hoping when Jackson comes to BYU Ed could be his personal trainer! I'm willing to send baked goods also but I'm not sure they'd taste as fresh as Moms.

Tom Anderson said...

When Jackson goes pro Ed can be his personal trainer. I will be his agent. Gary can be his bat-boy.

Unknown said...

Sorry Tom, I will have to defer Bat-boy duties to Harrison.

However, I am willing to be his motivational coach. I've been reading lots of inspiring literature lately. :)