Crinkled Oranges

Friday, January 8, 2010

73

years ago today, Mom and Dad were married in
Salt Lake City, Utah, at the County Courthouse.
Mom's parents, Edward Owen and Pearl Hall
were the witnesses.

Until Dad got his birth certificate later in life,
he always thought his middle name was spelled
"Stephen," as it shows on the marriage certificate. 
Once he saw his birth certificate,
he realized it was "Stevens,"
which was his maternal great-mother's
maiden name (Lois Ann Stevens).
On the temple sealing certificate
below it is shown correctly. 


Grandpa Thomas Reese Anderson and
my Uncle Walter Prothero were the
witnesses at the sealing.

I feel very blessed to have been
born to this union. 
I always felt secure
and loved unconditionally.
Thank you Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Thanks for that entry Annette. That was information about Dad's name that I did not know. We were indeed blessed by that union of love between 2 really good and loving parents.

Steph, Bryce, Andie, Bree, and Zoe said...

I love when you post stuff like this. Grandma and Grandpa died when I was so young, my memory of them is foggy. I like to learn new stuff to help keep their memory alive! :D