Crinkled Oranges

Monday, January 25, 2010

It was so sweet

today.  Misty said Harrison came to her yesterday and told her he wanted to sing a song he had been practicing.  He then proceeded to sing, "I Am a Child of God." He didn't want to go to bed because he wanted to keep singing it again and again.  Finally Misty said that he should go to bed and he could call us and sing it when he woke up.  Well, she talked him out of calling at 5:30 our time.  But when he did call at about nine, I was still asleep (I really shouldn't acknowledge that).  So when I called him back, he sang me a beautiful and perfect rendition of  "I am a Child of God," replete with just the right amount of Missouri twang.  Tonight he did the same for Gary.  I wish I had a recording of it, it was so cute.  I also hope he always remembers and believes the meaning of the words he's singing.

I am a child of God.
And He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home
With Parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
help me find the Way.
Teach me all that I must do
to live with Him some day.

No comments: