Crinkled Oranges

Friday, January 1, 2010

Celebrate!

Today is a day of

Celebration.


I actually did it!
I posted every day for a whole year.
I posted when I had absolutely nothing to say.
But I posted anyway.

The whole experience has helped me

  • Dig a little deeper
  • Think a little more
  • Be more aware of what is going on around me
  • Remember with appreciation those who came before
  • Love, even more, those who are a part of my life now
  • Laugh as I reminisced about people and events 
  • Cry when I remembered feelings that hurt or touched my heart
  • Feel closer to those who read and commented on what I wrote
  • Record a journal of sorts, which I haven't done for years
  • Connect with new, old, and long lost friends
  • Connect with family I don't see often as I would like.
  • Appreciate even more what a good sport Gary is
  • Want to be a better photographer.
  • Stay up later than usual in last-ditch efforts to post.
It has also made me worry

  • that something I may have written didn't make sense
  • that something I wrote may have hurt or offended someone.
  • that I would appear silly or immature or sarcastic (which I am)
  • that I would seem a little strange or off-the wall (what can I say?)
  • that I was being too self promoting and "all about me"
I wish I could say that I've kept all of my commitments as well as I have this blogging one.

  • The "exercise" one . . . well, I'm still working on that.
  • The "eat healthy" one . . . a work in progress.
  • The "read something uplifting every day" . . . a long way to go.
  • The "write a thank you note every day" goal . . . I haven't even started.
I'll try to do better on those this year.

I'm not sure how often I'll post now. I’m such an all-or-nothing person, that I know if I don’t do it regularly I won’t do it at all. So, I definitely want to keep it up. But, I know I won't post when it's 11 at night and I haven't thought about anything to write. I know I won't post when I honestly have nothing to say or share. I know I won’t post when I don’t feel like it.

But, I know I want to keep writing for all of the positive reasons I listed above.  I want to continue to share my loves and my passions and my gratitude.   I want to share more family history.  I want to record what I believe and have faith in.  I want to record all of these things so I will not forget. I also want to post my favorite recipes so when I misplace them I can go to my blog and look them up (which I have done many times already).

But, until tomorrow when I post Eliza's 9th birthday pictures (are we party animals or what?), I'll say goodnight.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Please, please, please keep writing. I read them everyday, even if I don't comment as much.

Tom Anderson said...

I hope you do not feel the pressure to post each day to the point that it is no longer a joy but a burden, but I also hope you post frequently as I look forward to reading your posts as Charlene does and many others (including my children) do.

Who cares if what you say is "all about you". It is your post. It should be. And, it is not all about you anyway. Also, nobody could be offended by your posts unless they were looking to be.

So, for those of us who like to read your posts, keep on going as often as you want, and hopefully that is frequently, if not daily.

To me it is like reading the morning paper to read your posts. Sometimes the funnies and sometimes the living section and other times the religion section. But, always I leave your posts with a feeling of gratitude to you for having posted it. Keep it up. Love Tom

tingey said...

You know this is going to be brutal.....so sit back for the ride. I love you Annette, but if you continue we could do without the recipe's (ESPECIALY THE CUP CAKE RECIPE'S), if you feel like a recipe is coming on fight back the feelings.

Heaven know's I have commented a ton on this blog, but one thing I have learned over the past year is how it keeps me in touch with your family and friends.

What ever you decide, or when ever you want to blog. I will check every night because it only takes a minute and I love to comment, be it good or bad! Take care aaa.....I love that you are a friend of mine...........duke

Misty B. said...

I can't believe it's been a year. I also look forward to checking your blog it's really helped me feel closer to you guys. I feel like maybe I don't call as much because when I read your blog I feel like I've talked to you (that's a credit to your writing!). Anyhow, I'll enjoy any post you give us in the next year. Love, Misty

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Annette- please keep posting. I too look forward to reading it everyday. Wish we could have seen you over the Holidays. It looks like a non-stop party. Tell the Idiarts hello

the smiths said...

Congrats for making it a whole year! I hope you continue to post often. I have loved reading. Thanks for having us down. We had a lot of fun! Love, christa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You've done great. No offensive words, no stupidity. You ought to make a book of your blogs.

Just sayin'.

Carrie B said...

I wanted to tell you, that you've been an inspiration to me! I've enjoyed reading your post and think it is sooo cool that you've posted daily for year! I'm trying to emulate you in 2010 and am on track for the first 5 days ;) Well, at least the posting daily part...not sure my reading is as interesting?!#!