Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have

a very sweet husband.

Last night I told Gary I wanted some chocolate cake.
It was one of those times when I didn't just want chocolate cake,
but I needed Chocolate Cake.

We were on our way home from dinner, and he said, "Do you want me to stop at Days (Grocery Store) and get you a chocolate doughnut."    "No, that just wouldn't hit the spot."   Gary: "Well, I know something that would.  How about a piece of Magleby's cake? Now that will hit the spot won't it?"   I said, "Yes, that would definitely hit the spot," (and I thought, "he's reading my mind.")


So he detoured, went to Magleby's, and bought me a
piece of a chocolate cake like this.





We took it home and cut it in half.
(he gave me the biggest piece with the most frosting).
And, with a glass of milk, it hit the spot perfectly.

On top of that, this morning while I was still asleep,
he got up and vacuumed the house.

This guy really knows the way to my heart.

6 comments:

Carrie B said...

Lucky you! The cake sounds wonderful and the vacuuming getting done is a very close second!

tingey said...

Annette.....you know cake is bad for you, and if you do this you will never get into the (HALF MOON POSE)?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What can be better than that? Okay, there must be something but I simply can't think of what it is.

Tiffany said...

Dad is amazing. I've always admired his Sunday vacuuming!

Unknown said...

What is he after?

Misty B. said...

How fun! Dad is amazing, I agree. I could use some chocolate cake right now too.