Crinkled Oranges

Monday, February 8, 2010

2nd time around

for Ashton's pumpkin cookies.


Three weeks ago I rushed one morning to make
Pumpkin Chip Cookies (Ashton's favorite),
package them, and send them off so
they would get there for Ashton's birthday on January 26.
I sent them, along with a check and a few
other little goodies.
Every day I waited to hear that the package had arrived.
It still hasn't.

I got a case number, but the post office has no
clue where the package went.
One man said it may have gotten "chewed up"
in the baggage handling machine.
Very Frustrating.

So here are the new cookies
I've just finished baking.
I think I'll send them UPS this time
and track the route.

I got this Pumpkin Cookie recipe from a Church Primary Manual many years ago.  I think the lesson was on the blessings of the earth and how we are able to eat what grows from the earth.  I've tried other recipes since then, but I've never liked it as well as this one.   Of course, I had to add chocolate chips to it.

Pumpkin Chip Cookies
(This is proportioned to use a large can of pumpkin)

1 1/2 cups butter
3 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
6 eggs
3 cups cooked or canned mashed pumpkin
6 cups flour
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract

Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin. Add dry ingredients. Blend in extract and nuts. Add chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonful on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 10 to 12 minutes.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I LOVE pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! You can UPS some to me anyday!

Tiffany said...

We can't wait for the package to come! You went above and beyond. . .as always!