Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Paradigm (PAR - a - Dime)

Shift.

I've heard that phrase for many years. 
To me it has meant to look at things in a different way. 
That you change your perspective. 
I guess it was first used as a word to
define purely scientific methods.  
When I looked up the common (not scientific)
definition it is : 
"To change from one way of thinking to another. It's a revolution, a transformation, a sort of metamorphosis. It just does not happen, but rather it is driven by agents of change."

Anyway, I had a paradigm shift as I sat and looked at my craft room yesterday.  When I have a big project to work on, I tend to spread out on a kitchen table or set up a table in the family room.  (This has been evidenced by my many different projects that I locate in many different rooms in my house)    

So, as I sat looking at my craft room, I thought to myself. 
"I know why I don't like to sew on the sewing table. 
It is crammed in a corner with very little work space. 
It is not inviting to me." 

Then I said to myself,
"I know why I don't like to use the Cricut machine
on the drafting table in the craft room.
It's because it is always covered with too many
containers of pens and other stuff." 

I know, I seem to be talking to myself a lot lately.

But, that is when I had the paradigm shift.

I asked myself,
"Why do I have to use the sewing table for sewing? 
Just because I bought that sewing table at a garage sale
many years ago for 25 dollars,
I don't have to use it for a sewing table." 

That thought started a whole reorganization of my craft room. 
Now my drafting table is completely clear and available to use for my sewing machine or my Cricut machine at any time.  I have converted my sewing table to an organization shelf. 

Wow. 

I have been sewing the car seat cover
and nursing cover for Misty's baby,
and enjoying every minute of my large sewing space. 


I guess that's what happens when you "think."

4 comments:

Misty B. said...

Way to go mom. I hope it works better. Good idea!

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Annette-
good thinking. please post pics of car-seat cover and nursing cover. after mist, gets them- of course. when is the baby coming?

Unknown said...

I think I will make a car seat cover and sursing cover for my next grandchild........ No laughing.... OK, Annette, IF I have another grandchild, will you make it for me.

tingey said...

Annette.....you don't want to hear my comment on this.....NOW DO YOU!