Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Getting

Excited to have a new grandchild soon.
(Due date is March 2)
Misty posted a picture of herself on her blog
so I could see how big and uncomfortable
she was at 37 weeks. 
She does look very pregnant,
and she does look like she must be very uncomfortable,
but she also looks very radiant and beautiful.

(I hope she doesn't sue me for copyright infringement.
I copied and pasted this from her blog)

And just so she can't be too upset with
me posting the picture,
I'll also show this one of me
when I was pregnant with her.
(August 1975)
Oh my, that was a long time ago.

We're all rather hoping for a girl.
She has 3 boys and 1 girl already.
If she has a girl, they are going to name her
Charlotte Rose.
Charlotte after my mom
(though mom's name was spelled "Charlet.")
Rose was Dan's grandmother's name.
But if it's a boy, we'll be equally happy.
We know they do both kind really well.

I've finished the quilt, nursing covers, and carseat cover.
I haven't finished the MuMu to replace
the old one of Mom's that Misty inherited.
Misty has worn that one until it's falling apart at the seams.
So give me a few days to finish the MuMu, Misty.

Then I give you permission to have
our new grandchild.
(yeah, like she needs my permission?)


6 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Annette, you were just a baby, having a baby. Your sweet innocent face! I can't get over it.

Misty and her hubby are rare these days. Everyone finds out what they are having. I'm glad there is someone who wants a surprise.

Misty B. said...

I'm not too worried about the copyright issues. And I really enjoyed the picture of you. Harrison's having a hard time understanding how that could be you with me in your tummy! He says, "how could that be Grandma Ashton?"

tingey said...

OH OH OH.........Can you believe that the style's have come full circle. Check out the cuff on the pants. Yes, BELL BOTTOMS, Annette has them on in 75, and Misty is wearing them in 2010. Go figure, we might not be around the next time bell bottoms come into style?

Unknown said...

Misty you look very ready and very pretty...just like your mom did when she was pregnant with you. Can't wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl!!!!

Tom Anderson said...

Loved the photos of the two of you. Time goes so quickly.

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Annette-
I'm so glad you shared those pictures. Nine months goes by so fast when you're not the one pregnant. Can't wait to hear the news. She's a trooper.