Crinkled Oranges

Monday, February 22, 2010

Last Week

Justin sent us an email telling us about
a sweet moment with Eliza and Annie. 
He said:

"On Sunday morning Eliza was reading to Annie in her cute big sister/little mom tone of voice. At some point Eliza said, “Did you know that mommy’s sisters are angels?"

I have a visual snapshot in my mind of Eliza reading to Annie because I have seen her do it many times.  When she reads a story she uses much emotion and animation and puts emphasis in just the right places.

(I think Eliza is a beautiful angel herself in this picture)


Thank you for sharing that story, Justin, and thank you, Eliza, for remembering our two daughters in Heaven.   Just thinking about those daughters makes me want to be a better person.  I know that at this point in time they are much wiser than I am.   Sometimes I wonder how life would be different had they lived, and there's no doubt it would have been.  But then, we wouldn't have had the blessings of adopting Natalie, so I think there is a plan and that it works the way it should.   Annalee would be celebrating her 31st birthday on the Friday (Feb 26).   

Who knows, maybe we'll have a grandaughter born on that day.  Or maybe a little boy? Or maybe Misty doesn't want to wait that long?   Due date is one week from tomorrow, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

I think of Annalee, and Emily often. It would be sweet for my baby and her to share b-days. But I'll be honest-- I'd love to have it today!