Crinkled Oranges

Friday, January 25, 2013

A new breakfast

egg dish that I'm adding to my tried-and-true recipe file.  I made this on Sunday, and we all liked it.  In the reviews I read of the recipe, some people said to use less flour, so I just used about 1/3 cup.


Not the greatest picture
This is one roll cut in half. 
 

Baked Omelet Roll
Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I used 1/3 Cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2.In a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Pour into prepared baking pan.
3.Bake in preheated oven until set, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
4.Carefully loosen edges of omelet from pan. Starting from the short edge of the pan, carefully roll up omelet. Place omelet seam side down on a serving plate and cut into 6 equal sized pieces.

**Other notes;  I added the cheese, peppers, and onions before baking, and it worked great. Use parchment paper (or waxed paper would be fine) to line the bottom of the pan (then it comes out cleanly).


 

No comments: