Crinkled Oranges

Friday, January 4, 2013

No, we're not

going on a long trip.

 
But Gary's sister, Margie, and her husband Lance are  They came today to stay with us for a couple of days before they enter the MTC for a 2 year mission.  They will be working at the Temple in Santiago Chili.  Those suitcases are the sum total of their possessions.  (That looks more like luggage I would take for a 1 week trip).   They have sold their home in Arizona to one of their sons and gotten rid of their furniture, dishes, and most everything. Margie said she is fine with it, but it was a little harder for Lance to let everything go.  (I'm sure my kids can't even imagine us doing that).   They have 10 children and 36 grandchildren.  They were able to get a photo of them with their grandchildren before they left.



We have always really enjoyed our time with Margie and Lance and will miss seeing them for the next two years.  Gary is helping Margie get her programs set up on their new computer.


 
 

 

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is amazing! I bet you could do it too mom. . .you might feel totally relieved to only have 4 suitcases full of possessions. I know it would be very hard for me, but maybe quite liberating at the same time. I"m excited for them!

Tiffany said...

And I think maybe you should go private after that weird comment above mine!

Annette said...

I removed the weird comment and designated it as spam! Thanks, Tiff.

Misty B. said...

Dang! I missed the weird comment! I'm not a saver but to shed my belongings down to that would be hard for me! And and the same time I'm jealous of the freedom.