Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The title of this

blog entry was going to be that, though I haven't been perfect at it, I have made progress with my New Year's resolution to write at least 3 notes or cards a week.   Except, in checking back on my resolution, It was actually just 1 card a week I committed to do.  Wow, now I am feeling a lot better about how I'm doing!  Because while I didn't send any last week, I wrote three notes of appreciation today.  And I addressed them and put stamps on them.  I even went out to put them in the mailbox, but then I remembered that tomorrow is a holiday and the mail won't come.

But it felt so good.  Really.  I've even got all the props in place writing them.  If you know me at all, you know how I have to have the props.  I pulled out this card organizing book that I bought 15 years ago. and I have this little lap desk that has just been moved all over the house.  Well now, I'm putting them both to use. 


What did I express gratitude for this week?  For a friend who always greets and treats me so warmly.  To a casual friend who, when I admired a swag she had made out of fresh greens at Christmas, brought one over to me.   To a young family who set such a good example of doing what's right and are show thoughtfulness to neighbors.

It feels good to express gratitude. 



1 comment:

Misty B. said...

I think that's why I haven't been good at writing notes...I don't have a prop desk like that!