Crinkled Oranges

Monday, January 28, 2013

I think I've

posted about the show "Hoarders" before. 

Tonight I mentioned to Gary that I like to watch it once in awhile because it makes me feel better about myself.  It also motivates me to "let go" of things.  Gary said, somewhat as a joke, "So you're building yourself up by tearing others down?"  I guess there is some truth to that, though I'm really not tearing them down.,   I'm just thinking that, in comparison, I'm not bad at all.  Which I guess is kind of thinking I'm better than them.  Which, well . . . I guess I won't over analyze the psychology of it. 

Anyway, tonight on the show we saw two different homes that had 70's paneling just like ours.  Gary thought that was proof that it is still in style.  I took a different view of it.  Like, "Maybe they're holding on to things that they need to get rid of."  

Ha, I got him there.

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

You think you are so funny. But, you did "get him". However, I like the panel look.