Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ice storms,

or freezing rain, whichever you want to call it.  I've heard Misty talk about those in Missouri.  I don't remember experiencing one here.  Until this morning.  Everything that was not crusty snow was like an ice skating rink.  There are videos of BYU students "skating" across campus and photos of one pile up after another.  On the news just now, it said there have only been 10 freezing rains since 1940.

I experienced it when I got out of my car to go to yoga.  I didn't know whether to go forward or backward, or whether to take my shoes off so my feet would stick to the ice (admittedly that would not have been wise), or get on my hands and knees and crawl.   

I do know that if it is like that tomorrow, I am staying home. 



 

No comments: