Crinkled Oranges

Friday, January 16, 2009

Dear Quilt Appraiser

I got your name from a couple of websites
on quilt appraisals. I inherited from my
great-grandparent's home a pieced quilt
that is not bound. I have not had anything
done to it for a couple of reasons:
1) I love looking at the hand stitched patchwork, and
2) I wouldn't know what to do.

Anyway, a friend told me that maybe I should have it appraised. I'm attaching a picture just so you can tell me if it would be worth my time and money to have you appraise it.

I don't live in Oregon, but my daughter does and I get up there often, which is why I am writing you. Could you tell me what you charge and what the process would be if you think it is something that I should pursue? Thanks so much .



2 comments:

Pam's Place said...

You have a lovely heirloom here. I hope whether or not you have it appraised, you find someone to direct you on how to finish it. Maybe LouAnne could help.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Yes, LouAnne is your girl.

How wonderful that you own such a quilt. You are lucky.