Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, January 29, 2009

What's it all about anyway?

I had breakfast at Magleby's this morning with my good friend.
We've shared many experiences in the last 24+ years,
and have had many deep and thought provoking conversations.
However, up to this date anyway,
we still haven't quite got life figured out.
We try, we really do.
But then some other learning experience comes along
that we need to analyze.
If we ever do figure it all out, I'll be sure to pass the word along.
But, in the meantime, I'm very grateful to have a friend that I can
share my honest feelings with and know she understands.

After our enlightening conversation about
what is really important in life,
I came home to my now Christmas-less decorated house and decided
that I needed to mess it up a bit.
I guess I didn't really decide that,
but the mess was a natural consequence
of my efforts to become much more clutter free.
After all, in order to get things orderly and reduce clutter,
I need to clean one area out to make room
for other things that I'm cleaning out. Make sense?
Rather a domino effect, or at least it is for me.
I think you get the picture.
I'm really swallowing a lot of pride by showing these.
I'll take pictures of the finished room to redeem myself later.



1 comment:

Pam's Place said...

We are kindred spirits. Poor Bob has been waiting more than 40 years for me to "get organized", and the harder I try, the worse it gets. When you have the answer to this small puzzlement of life, I do wish you would share the secret.