Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Mess Part of yesterday's post

Gary just came home from the Priesthood Meeting and I was upstairs in the workroom. When I told him that I had been cleaning up, he looked into the room and said, "Really???"
My daughters will understand. I'm well known in my family for the fact that I can make a very big mess in a very short time. It is somewhat of a dichotomy, as I am not naturally orderly, but I spend a great deal of my time organizing. When my Mom would call and ask what I was doing, my answer would invariably be something to the effect of "organizing the deep, or my bedroom, etc." Mom's response would usually be, "Weren't you were just doing that?" She really couldn't understand, as she was a BO ("Born Organized" as flylady.net calls it), and could not conceive of not putting things away right when you were done with them. Thus, things did not become a mess. I've just never quite mastered that, especially when I'm in the middle of one of my projects.


Oh well, my 5 year old grandson, A, had a very profound statement one day after I was commenting on the big mess I had made in the kitchen while doing some baking. Being totally satisfied after having eaten to his heart's content, he said, "Well, to have great food, you have to have big messes." Thanks A!

No comments: