Crinkled Oranges

Monday, January 19, 2009

The "Highlight" of the Day


I got a new "do" today from my favorite hairstylist, Betsy. I've been going to her for a long time and consider her a great friend. I remember when I took Misty and Tiffany to her as teenagers to get their hair done. After the cut, Misty did a cartwheel in the salon she was so happy with it. Since Misty is now a 33 year old mother of 4, that tells you how long Betsy's been with me, or rather I've been with her.

Today was the Martin Luther King Holiday, so Gary was home from school. I told him that if he was ready by 1:30 he could go to lunch with a new woman. Have I mentioned how much I love this guy (even if he is with a new woman, or at least one with new highlights in her hair)?

4 comments:

Pam's Place said...

I can understand why Betsy did a cartwheel. I love your new "do"!

Tiffany said...

I forgot about Misty's cartwheel! That was my laugh for the day. It also reminds me of the time she did a somersault in the middle of the living room when the hometeachers were there because of the phone call that she got to start "simulators" for drivers ed! And she thinks Jackson is hyper? :)

Pam's Place said...

Oops. I think I need to learn to read.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You look about 25 years old. Honestly, you do.