Crinkled Oranges

Monday, January 26, 2009

Joy is . . .

Last night we had an FHE and discussed "Joy."
What gives us joy, how you feel when you are joyful,
how you distinguish between transitory fun and true joy.
Our assignment for the week is to write down something each day that gives us joy.

Well, today that is very easy.
It happens to be someone's birthday who brings joy to everyone around him.
All I have to do is think of
ASHTON
,
and a smile comes to my face and a warmth to my heart.
I think from this picture you can see why.So, buddy, if I were there with you I would be
rubbing up, scratching down, rubbing across . . .
just as you used to instruct me to.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Pam's Place said...

"Grandchildren" and "joy" are synonymous, aren't they? What a cute boy Ashton is, and what a sweet picture of the two of you together.

Tiffany said...

I love you too Grandma. Thanks for the nice thing you said on your blog. Love, Ashton

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I hope you will tell us about your Family Home Evening every week. We are going to be tending Taylor's children on Monday's for a month and I will use your "joy" idea. Thanks. Do you do this each week with extended family?