Crinkled Oranges

Monday, April 5, 2010

Movie Day

Monday's Planned Itinerary:

8:00 – 9:30 am Exercise and Breakfast of Oatmeal and Berries
10 – 1   Tackle the baskets of old home movies, organize them, figure out how to best convert them to CD. Do it!
1:00  Lunch at Applebees
3:00 Movie Marathon:  Blindside? Forever Strong?  Sherlock Holmes?  (Popcorn, drinks, nachos)

Monday's Actual Itinerary

8:30  Breakfast of Oatmeal and Berries

9:30 - 11:00  Exercise:  "You've got to move it, move it. You've got to move it, move it. You've got to move it move it," is what has been drumming in my head all day. It is my new motto. Not anticipating where the ball might go, and staying flat footed right where I am, has always been my downfall in tennis and now racquetball.   Needless to say, Gary beat me on both games.

12:00 tackle boxes of home videos:  We organized them by date and then figured out that we need a "video to dvd converter" to copy them on to the computer and then edit them.  So there is still a lot of work ahead, but we bought the converter and we're further along than we were.


4:00 Lunch/Dinner at Applebees

5:00 Best Buy to get converter

6:30  Movie -- Blindside.  Just getting ready to watch it.   A little later start than we planned on, so we'll probably just do the one movie tonight.  We'll also probably not have popcorn or nachos, as we have leftovers from Lunch/Dinner.

So far a very enjoyable and productive staycation.  Judging by the snow that is now starting to fall, I think tomorrow will be our "Spring Fling" day because it doesn't involve outside activities.  I'm sure our excellent travel agent will let us know before the night is over what we'll be doing.

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I love the movie marathon idea. I could do that at least once a week.

Tiffany said...

Looks highly productive. The movie transfer is on my long list of to-do's also.

allison nadauld said...

I love all those movies on your list. I want to be a part of your staycation.