Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Staycation

is Over.
But we have lots of memories and progress to show for it.

We got a call from my brother, Gary, on Thursday saying they were in town.  They are still looking at the possibility of moving here to Utah, so on Friday morning we met them at a house they were looking at.  Their son, Cory, and his wife, Stacy, were also in town from California so it was fun to see them.  Here they all are with their daughter Rachel.



One funny thing was that Gary asked me what north our home on 800 East was.  I told him 435 North.  He and Cory looked at each other and laughed.    Ironically, on Thursday when we were taking pictures of the old home on 8th East, Cory was there video taping it for the program for Gary and Lynn's 50th wedding anniversary celebration.  The only problem was that Cory was filming the wrong house because Gary told him he thought it was 465 North.  That would have been so funny if we had seen Cory there filming while we were there taking pictures.  Cory said he was there at about 2 pm, and we were there at about 4 pm, so we missed him by 2 hours.  Pretty ironic though.   (Cory went back yesterday and took videos of the right house.)

After meeting with them we went to lunch, took the cleaned out papers to a shredding place, and came home and worked more on the office.  As I was cleaning out and relocating my cookbooks, all the recipes made me want dessert.  So at 10:30 I made some fudge pudding cake.  I know, we have done a lot of eating this week.  But that's what vacations are for, aren't they?


Gary, pulling a "Tiff" (I'll explain that at a later date)

Here are pictures of our finished office area. To the untrained eye (or someone who didn't know what it looked like before) it may still look cluttered. But it is so much more organized and less cluttered.
It feels sooo good!





Gary's labeled cubby holes
We haven't gotten rid of Gary's trophies.
Just relocated.

Well, the vacation really is over. 
Now I need to clean the rest of the house. 

4 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Nice photo of Gary etc. Now are you going to take a vacation from the vacation??

tingey said...

Well at least you didn't give the recipe for the "FUDGE CAKE" but the corner looks better. I know what pulling a Tif is so here's too you Gary.....I do it all the time.

Tiffany said...

It looks amazing!!! I can definitely tell the difference and I know how good it feels! Proud of both of you. And I just have to say that Dad is such a good sport to take all those pictures. Justin would have been done taking pictures after about 2!

Misty B. said...

I am not an untrained eye and I think it looks fabulous!