Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Gift of a

Day.

This morning I opened my blinds to this:


My mind and body felt weary, and looking at that did not help.  I wished I didn't need to go out to Yoga today.  I love Yoga.  I always feel better after Yoga.  But, things have been so busy lately that I just didn't want to go out.  Then I realized that, our "Staycation" is suppose to start today (Friday), and I had not made our itinerary yet.  I had gotten home at midnight last night after being with my creative friends putting together these.


Then, as I lay in bed snuggled under the covers waiting until I absolutely had to get up to go to Yoga, I got thinking.  "Wait a minute, was it Wednesday yesterday?  The card activity held last night was originally going to be last Thursday, but got changed to last night.  Which was Wednesday, not Thursday.  So that means that today is Thursday, not Friday.  So there is no Yoga today, so I don't have to go out." 

If you are confused reading this,
welcome to my mind. 

Wow, I have been given a day that I didn't think I had when I woke up this morning.

Now that is a gift. 

Post Script: (20 minutes later):  Oh my goodness.  I just looked at the date.  I also forgot it was April 1.  Now I'm really amazed.  My mind was playing an April Fools joke on me, and I didn't even know it.   Well, my mind was pretty clever, because it worked.

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Ok, I need a translator for that. I think the point is that you did not like the snow and you did not have to go to Yoga--but I am not sure. I am so happy I live in California because I sooo hate the cold. But, the seasons are great there and we don't have much of that here. There are always trade-offs.

Becky said...

I have days like that where everything is confusing. I'm glad it all got sorted out. I wish I could make cards that cute. I need to be more creative.

Misty B. said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one with mild psychosis in our family!