Crinkled Oranges

Friday, October 29, 2010

If you could

have listened in on our conversations last night, you would be having doubts about us.

Natalie was here making her Halloween costume, and Gary and I were simultaneously watching a movie and working on our laptops. At one point Gary asked me, "What were you talking about a couple of hours ago when you were saying something about two people?"  I told him I had no clue what he was talking about.  He persisted in saying that I had said something about something two hours ago, and what was it?  If you know Gary, you know he can be very persistent.  He wouldn't let it go, and I was getting very annoyed.  Natalie was saying, "Why does it matter?"  We just kept having more such conversations.   I asked them when Daylight savings time ended.  Gary replied that he didn't know, but was sure we would hear before it happened.   I googled the date, and 5 seconds later said, "November 7."  To which Gary said, "What about November 7?"   We obviously are not communicating.    

Natalie said that she is going to call Misty and Tiffany and break it to them, gently, that Mom and Dad are getting old and losing it (as I was typing this I had to ask Natalie what word she used -- was it slowly or gently?)  Gary said, "Tell them to come, quickly."  He is now denying that he said that.  Natalie and I know otherwise.   (If you are confused by what I have been writing, you may be losing it, too.)

PS-- Here is Natalie's funky monster costume. Very Creative!

5 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I understood it well, and that scares me.

Tiffany said...

I can hear it all in my head. Especially Dad persisting to know what you were talking about! And Nat, you always have the most creative costumes. Love it. Miss you all, even if you are crazy!

Misty B. said...

Oh, you make me so homesick. How many of those conversations I've sat in on!!! However, what would have made it complete is Grandma (Afton) Ashton there to fuss at Dad also! Love you guys. Nat, just hang in there, we'll be there at Christmas.

tingey said...

My be its time to put the laptops away and reconnect with the one you love?????

Nat said...

I dont know if I can wait till Christmas...They really need help :D