Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, October 9, 2010

While the cat's away

the mouse will make messes.

That's what I've been doing the last few days.  Gary has been gone to Atlanta since Wednesday, so I've had a project going on every floor.
Family room -- sewing
Sunroom -- Flowers
Craft Room -- Paper stuff

Gary asked me if he curtails my projects that much when he's home.  The answer is "no," but when he's not here I don't feel a need to clean it up.  And, I've finished two Mu-Mu's that have been half made (don't worry, Justin, I won't give them to Tiffany), finished 9 bags with flowers on them, done lots of mending, and made Christmas flowers, just to name a few of my projects.  I've watched almost a month's worth of DVR'd "Studio 5" shows and some "Masterpiece Mysteries," that Gary doesn't care for. 

But, I'm ready to have him home.  Having a few days of being accountable to no one is kind of a novelty for a short time.   But, It makes me realize how isolated people who always live alone can feel.  It makes me realize that I should reach out more to those whose days are unbroken by the comings and goings of family or friends. 

So, right now I'm cleaning up my messes, and happy to do it.
I miss him.  

Although . . . I may leave the sewing machine up downstairs, since I still have 40 more "Studio 5" shows to catch up on and about 10 aprons in the making.



1 comment:

Misty B. said...

Ok, so I've been absent from web for 6 days. I love your last entries. I can't believe Luci ways 21 1bs!? What can I say, I learn to reinforce behavior patterns from the best, my mom! I consider myself very spoiled. I also inherited my ability to make a mess while doing projects. My office has been torn apart for 6 days while I'm re-arranging furniture. Jackson finally hooked up the computer out of desperation. I didn't know he knew how.