Crinkled Oranges

Friday, October 1, 2010

"What about Bob-isms."

We use these a lot in our household.  I thought of it this morning when I told Gary something and he said, "Take a vacation from your problems."  That movie, with Bill Murray, is one that we've watched over and over with our family.  In fact when Misty was in the Payson hospital in labor with Jackson, we were watching it in the room with her.  That is, until the contractions were strong enough that she wasn't up for it any more. 


No matter what the situation, there is a quote that can be used in everyday life.  If asked to do something new or difficult, it is "If the craft is seaworthy, then yes I will go sailing."    Or if you're feeling particularly proud of yourself you can say "I'm sailing."    If you say something wise, it can be "The horse sense of that man.  Mashed potatoes and Gravy."   And then of course the classic, "Baby Steps. Baby Steps. Baby Steps."  "It's the Fam," has been our motto for a couple of our family reunions. 

2005

2009


I know there are more Bob-isms that I'm not remembering right now.  What are some other ones? 

Looking at these pictures makes me feel such gratitude for my grandchildren, but it also makes me miss them even more.   I love each of them so much.  I love them just the way the are.  

7 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

love the photos!!

Misty B. said...

One of our favorites-- "is this corn hand shucked?" I just told Dan last night that I was "baby stepping." That movie is such a part of my life I can't remember life without it!

Becky said...

I always liked, "I'm FREE!"

Tiffany said...

"I just let the boat do all the work." One of my faves!

Gary said...

"ewwwhhhh! Makes my lips numb, but if your friend is capable and the craft is sea-worthy, then yes, I will go sailing." I'm paraphrasing just a bit but I know Natalie can say it word for word. In fact she could say the whole movie word for word not to mention many other movies.

Unknown said...

What is the movie????

Mine was, and the girls hated, it, "life is not fair."

tingey said...

Death theropy, YOU CURED ME? you genius.