Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bee-ing

Today has been all about bees.
No, I didn't get stung.
It was the "Bee Theme"
Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack mini classes
at our Ward Enrichment night.


I was presenting the
"Bee-gin your Day in a Bee-utiful Way"
breakfast class.
So, for the last few days I've been baking (and eating)
muffins, and breads, and breakfast cookies
so that there could "bee" some samples.


Okay, enough is enough,
I promise I won't write "bee" one more time.


I love hearing from the women of the ward as
they share their thoughts, ideas, and talents
one with another.
Each person has different gifts to give,
and they all share them willingly.


After the _ _ _ classes,
there was a choice of music or art classes by
a talented artist and vocal teacher in our ward.
I'm beyond hope with the voice,
so I went to the art class.


This is what I created.

It's a booklet that started with the colored cover.
We chose our own paper and tissue.
We drew our own figure.
Then we water colored.
Heather, the teacher, said that the nice
thing about art is that you if you don't like to draw
hands you don't have to.
I didn't want to draw a face because
I knew I would mess it up,
so I didn't.
Very liberating.
I was so proud of myself!
Recipes tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I went into your classroom just to see what you did and it was AMAZING! Were you always like this? Giving 100% when others are happy with 75%. Did you get perfect grades? Were your clothes perfectly matched? Aprons! Where's the photos? Don't you dare tell me you didn't take any! I should have. You are an amazing woman, Annette and then to top it off you are beautiful and beautiful inside. I love you.

Tom Anderson said...

You are very creative. I really enjoy reading your creative blog as well. BEE good.

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

annette-

i love the "bee" idea and the art work. if i had half of your creative side i would try something like that with the girls.

Misty B. said...

I'm very proud of you mom!