Crinkled Oranges

Friday, September 11, 2009

Sometimes

it can be overwhelming
when you hear about
some of the trials that people are going through.
It's hard not to let the thoughts of the burdens
they carry get you down. Almost immobilize you.

You wonder how they do it.
How they keep going.
I truly believe that during difficult times that
God is there and that angels assist.
I've felt it and I've watched it with others.
How else can you explain the
strength,
the resiliency,
the ability to put one foot in front of the other,
even when it seems there is no strength
or hope left?

I love how President Hinckley always spoke so positively: 

Keep trying.”
“Be believing."
"Be happy."
"Don’t get discouraged."
"Things will work out.”

And, in the end, we know it will all work out.
And along the way, if we don't get bogged down with
helplessness or hopelessness,
and don't become discouraged ourselves,
we can be an instrument in helping to lighten the burdens of others.  


I guess I needed this pep talk to myself today.

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I missed this post. I'm sorry. You should have come over and sat on the lawn swings. They are great for solving problems or if the problem is unsolvable, they are great for filling the empty cup. Can I help?