Crinkled Oranges

Monday, September 7, 2009

Still living on

borrowed computer.

At 3 am this morning we finished working
with a tech support guy (all the way in India)
who was very nice, pleasant,
knowledgeable, and helpful
(even when we kept him a
couple of hours after his shift ended).


I'm more appreciative of what tech support people
go through since Natalie has been working
in that field for the last few years.
Someday I'll have to write about
some of her horror stories.


Anyway, even after all the hours and help,
the prognosis for my laptop was not what I had hoped,
but what Gary had feared all along.


Time to backup the data (at least we could do that)
and start all over again by re imaging
and re-installing all the programs.
(Just for the record,
Gary hates the Vista operating system)


So, between going to breakfast,
shopping for a backup hard drive,
backing up data,
going to a BYU soccer game,
and now making cupcakes
(you know the ones I'm doing for the second time),
that is what today has been all about.


That, and missing my grandchildren.
(looking at all the pictures as we've
been backing them up
makes me miss them even more).

5 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I would really miss my computer if it went down. I have really enjoyed this new blogging experience. Hope you get it all fixed soon. I miss my kids too.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

3 am! Holy Moley, girl. And then you made cupcakes too? And could you understand the Indian gentleman? Oh, my. I hope you are in bed.

Marie said...

Hey, this is Becky's sister, Marie. I just had to say that I HATE VISTA TOO!!!!! It came with our new laptop and NOTHING is compatible with it. After many, many hours of trying to get things to work with it, we too have to back everything up and start over.

JAL said...

I am so sorry you have to go through ALL of that. Re-formatting and re-installing is no fun. Thank goodness you have Gary's expertise to fall back on.

The cupcakes look YUMMY!

Astromom said...

Ok, I've definitely decided my idea of peace and calmness when the kids are grown, is the most impossible untruth ever. I decided on the whole, life just gets busier.