Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Here is my friend wearing the
Bee (word I will not say again)
apron from the breakfast mini class.
One of the recipes I shared at the class was this:
(pictured here are some mini versions of them)

 
I love these pumpkin chip muffins!
Every time I make them I think of my friend,
Sue R., who gave me the recipe.
Every time I make them I also
I think of my grandson, Ashton,
because he loves them as much as I do.


When they lived here in Provo,
these muffins were what Ashton
requested more than any other treat.
(Next time I make them, Ashton,
I'll send some your way)


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serves 18


1 1/3 cups sugar
5 1/2 tablespoons shortening
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
Milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
5 1/2 tablespoons hot water
Chopped nuts (optional)




Cream sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add eggs and pumpkin. Add hot water. Sift together dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Add nuts and choc chips. Pour into greased muffin tins coated with sugar (or you can just use paper liners--it makes the cleanup easier) Bake at 375 to 400 degrees for 17-18 minutes.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Now Annette, if someone hadn't read your post yesterday they wouldn't know your three letter word was "bee" and they might let their imigination run wild. Just sayin'.

I'm sending people to your site in my post today. You were amazing. Why didn't I take pictures of your table? I'm slapping myself.

Thank you for all your hard work. I wish I could have attended your class and the antiques one, too. You are one of my heroes.

Annette said...

I can definitely see what you mean, Lynn. BEE is a much better word than others that could be imagined. I made a BEE-line to the "stike out" key and changed it!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

I just caught up on your blogs and i LOVE them. They make me laugh, think and just smile! You are so cute and i love your family pictures!