Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Monk we're not

While at the gym this morning,
I kept feeling these sharp pricks on my foot,
like there was a rock or something in my shoe. 
I took my shoes and socks off several times,
and searched for a little rock or piece of glass. 
My foot was even bleeding,
but I couldn't find anything.
I was still feeling these little 
pricks when we got home. 
I had Gary look at my foot,
check inside my sock,
and then check inside my shoe.  

As I was watching him check the shoe,
I noticed something on the bottom of it. 
It blended in with the colors on the shoe,
so at first I didn't think anything of it. 
Then I looked more closely.
"Wait a minute. 
What is that on the bottom of my shoe?"

Duh!

Like I said,
Monk we're not. 
(the detective on the TV show,
not the Catholic kind)


Seriously, after this last week of
going out with a velcro curler stuck to my back,
a size tag (XL) left on a shirt,
and now a cute little heart shaped thumb tack
on bottom of my shoe,
I'm thinking I may need a personal assistant.


(Grandchildren are welcome to apply!)

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You are so much cuter than Monk, though. Even the smirky one is cuter, so what if you're not as observant.

And your poor little tootsies.

PS You have cute feet, to boot. Even if you never wear boots but I'll bet you do--cute ones.

tingey said...

AAA.....I made it home and I want to thank your and the Garwaa for a great weekend. Like I said you guy's are the best.

Unknown said...

I particularly love the pictures of your feet. I could be your personal assistant.

Love, Monk

Misty B. said...

That's a pretty funny one mom! Not really much I can say.

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

annette-

can i be your personal assistant?