Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, September 3, 2009

First venture into

cleaning the "deep" since Natalie moved out.
I've been avoiding it.
In fact, I've been doing really well at avoiding it.

But, I wanted to get into the closet
down there to find a home video.
Costco has a $5 off coupon for transferring from
video to DVD, and I wanted to do that with
the video we had made of all our super 8 movies.

So, I had to do it.
I had to go down.


 What a mess.
In all the moving, there was a lot thrown 
out of the way just to make paths 
for what needed to be moved.




Bird seed all over the floor.
Junk all over the floor.
Clothes all over the floor
I wondered, is there a floor?

 There is.

There's still lots to do, but I feel better now.
I've always known that my emotions are very tied
into the state or condition of my house.
That, and also how productive I feel I have been.



So, tonight, after going out to dinner with Gary
for our Friday night date
(on Thursday because he'll be doing the stats
for the football game tomorrow night),
I'm feeling very content and happy.



 That is, if I close my eyes and don't
look at the table of projects I have 
set up in the family room.
Oh, well.

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

You and Gary look very relaxed and happy. Just stay at that level, don't go down. Treat that bottom room as hell, a place to stay away from.

Thanks for the reference to Primary. I looked at that site and found some really good things, like the Primary song "Love is spoken here" and Mosiah 4:13. It is amazing to me how deep gospel principles can be reduced to such plain and simple language that even a 5 year old can understand. We sometimes make things too difficult. Anyway, good ideas and thanks.

Unknown said...

I am very disappointed. I wanted pictures of the messy room, not you and Gary having a wonderful, relaxing moment.