Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Home Again

Tiffany woke me this morning at
4:30 for my 6 am flight.
I quickly pulled on my clothes
and she took me to the airport.
I think that probably explains why
when I went to take off my jacket at
10 am for a breakfast with my siblings,
I found that I had my blouse on inside out.
(which Gary had to document)

I quickly went to the restroom to
change, so only Richard and Laraine
knew of my mistake.

It's so fun to have Tom and Lynn in from
California and we got to see their
new little granddaughter for the first time today.

Then tonight I fell down the stairs
and have a big swelling on my foot.
But Tom said it is not as bad
as his was when he fell.
Which reminded us of when Gary
and his home teaching companion,
Personal (aka Roylance),
helped our neighbor
after she fell down the stairs.
She never let them forget that they told
her, while she was writhing in pain,
"Gut it up, Mary Ellen."
Can you tell they are a couple of
former coaches?

I'm rambling.
Time for bed.

6 comments:

tingey said...

Annette......where is Gary why is he not in the picture? While you were changing your blouse did it accure to you, maybe someone in the next booth would help with the picture taking?

Becky said...

Ah, silly Grandma Moses and her falling down the stairs. She still tells that story. I hope your foot starts feeling better soon.

Gary said...

I believe Grandma Moses (AKA Mary Ellen) has somehow forgotten how truly compassionate and sensitive we really were. "Gut it Up" was simply used as a term of encouragment and endearment.

Gary A, Former Coach and Physical Therapist.

Gary & Eileen said...

The only good thing about Mary Ellen moving from the neighbor is not having to hear that story. The Garys were ahead of the times though with their suggestion to put the ice pack on bare skin. Maybe they knew more than we gave them credit for.

Pam's Place said...

"Gut it up"? LOL. I like that. But I can't picture Gary (or the other Gary) saying it to Mary Ellen. No wonder she never forgot.

Unknown said...

Nice looking family!!!!!