Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sitting

here visiting with Nick and Carrie Warner,
who are spending the night.
It's fun to see our friend's children grow up.

On another note,
I'm starting to think that there
is a jinx in the air or something.
It has been years since I've fallen.
Yet Tonight,
 while walking in the parking lot of the mall,
I slipped and fell on a patch of ice.
There was no snow. 
No rain. 
Just a random 12 inch circle of ice,
(probably from someone
dumping a drink or something.)

No need to worry,
I won't show the bruise on my hip.

(But, I am looking forward to my nephew, Ed, bringing his
chiropractic table on Thanksgiving)
***

5 comments:

tingey said...

Oh if I could have seen the fall. The question is, if I did see it, would I have help you too you feet? I guess we will never know, and why? "BECASUE I WAS NOT THERE"

Misty B. said...

Mom, Maybe you should stay in for a few days. I guess it'd have to be in bed to be totally safe. I hope you're ok!

Marie said...

Things usually happen in 3s so be careful!

And about me not liking Christmas, I guess I'll just need to take lessons from you because you are the most festive person I know! :)

Tom Anderson said...

You are just trying to one-up my ankle injury. "Gut it up" woman.

the smiths said...

Well, Ed is looking forward to eating your pies. That seems like a pretty good trade off. We are excited to see you!