Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I was at a beautiful

place this morning. 

We are not having Yoga classes this summer,  but our instructor, Elizabeth, said she would email us occasionally to join her in a session outside.  So this morning at 7:30 am I was in the "bowl" at Rock Canyon park doing yoga.   I wasn't sure how I would feel about doing it outside where people walking by could see us.  I remember driving around in Ashland, Oregon and seeing groups of people doing Yoga or Tai Chi in the parks.  Gary thought it was totally strange, and I remember thinking that I would never do that where anyone could see me.  

But this morning in the park, none of that even mattered.  All I could see were the beautiful mountains right in front of me and, when we turned to the back, the spire of the Provo Temple with angel Moroni on top.  There was a cool breeze that felt wonderful.  By the time we were in the resting pose, the sun was shining and we were baking in the sunlight.   

I wish I had taken my camera, but next time I'll take pictures of what we saw as we did yoga.  I won't, however, include a picture a me doing it!

4 comments:

Misty B. said...

I would love to go if she does it while I'm out there. It sounds wonderful!!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

that sounds so peaceful and nice! The perfect way to start the day :)

Tom Anderson said...

I can envision the scene. I like all of it, including you doing your yoga.

Unknown said...

FOrget about pictures of the moutains, I want pictures of you doing yoga in the park!!!!