Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We've all

had days like this one as parents.

In Costco today I heard a loud crash just in front of me.  When I looked up, a cart with a little girl buckled in the seat, had tipped forward and landed squarely on on top of two little boys (probably around 4 and 6). The three kids were definitely shaken up, but amazingly did not seem to have any injuries.  Somehow the boys must have been playing on the cart and tipped it forward while the mom turned her head.  After making sure they were OK, the mom said, "How the heck did you manage to do that?"  I wondered the same thing.

Then a little later, there was even a much louder crash.  I looked over and saw what looked like a very large cylinder type tank (about the size of a water heater) rolling across the floor.  It had fallen from one of the flatbed carts.  Standing right there next to the flatbed cart was that same mother.  I don't know if she was pushing the flatbed, or if she just had the misfortune of being by it.  Either way, all eyes were riveted on her momentarily as someone retrieved the cylinder.

At that point, I sighed and said a little prayer in my heart for that mom.   I prayed that the rest of her day would go a whole lot better than the first part had.   

Because we have all had days like that.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That poor mother. Now that I'm a parent, I understand why my mom always wanted to do her shopping without us.

Denise said...

The world could use more people like you, praying for them instead of giving them bad looks when stuff like that happens in the store...God bless you! :)

Tom Anderson said...

Amen to what Denise said. Wish we were all more that way.