Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Two more days

of hard labor behind us
(but I won't show my arm this time.)
The last few days have been very rainy and cloudy.
I've been out there working this morning in the mud.
The sky feels like it did when we drove through
Whitby Island the first time.
Kind of haunting, but beautiful.

Here are are the results so far:

This is where the white arbor was.
I loved the white arbor, but it is looking pretty bad.
We've moved it to the side of the house where
we are going to make a hut of sorts
when the grandchildren are here.
I'm already enjoying that little shady nook.


View to the side while sitting in the chair.

View to the swing from the chairs.
I planted the arborvitae trees that will
grow 10-12 ft high x 2 feet wide.

Our new arbor with a clock behind it.
That's so when I'm out working in the yard
I can look up and go,
"Oh, it's noon.  No wonder I'm hungry."

There is the tree we planted 3 years ago.
View of back with the "roaring" fountain
that everyone makes so much fun of.
I personally thought it was a great mail-order deal.

West side view
West side by our "Cotty" shrine.

I'm really pleased with how the fence turned out. I do kind of miss the more filled in, established look,we had with the full grown lilac bushes. Hopefully the trees will fill it in quickly. I also want to plant some kind of climbing plant on the arbor, but I don't know what.  It's still a work in progress, but I'm having fun visualizing my grandchildren playing back there this summer.

6 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Looks really good. Nice job.

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

Im very impressed with your backyard, its beautiful. One day I hope to do something like it for mine :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Annette, this is BEAUTIFUL! Wow, all the hard work that went into this. It looks magazine worthy.

Tiffany said...

Wow! I love it Mom. The kids will love playing in it too. It looks gorgeous.

Carrie B said...

I think it looks amazing, Annette!!!! WOW...

Misty B. said...

I love it. But, what I love best is I'll get to be in it soon!