Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I found a little

forgotten treasure today.

Because of my propensity to do all or nothing, I decided that for this week I would very deliberately spend time on everything that I need and want to do. Unfortunately, what I need to do and what I want to do are usually two very different things.  So, today, I set the timer for an hour and allowed myself to read and catch up on my magazines.  Then I set the timer and had to spend an hour to cleaning out our bedroom (the cleaning hours went very slowly).   Then I had another hour of reading, and another hour of cleaning, several hours of crafting, etc.

Anyway, in my cleaning out of drawers I found this little treasure.
(it measures about 6 x 4 x 4 inches)



 
It was painted by a very immature 14 year old girl (me) sometime in October of 1968.  Gary had asked me to "go with him" on Halloween the year before, so I obviously made it to commemorate our 1st year together.  It does have a very 1960's, hippie era, look to it. 

If we hadn't ended up marrying 6 years later, I'm sure this would have been thrown out long ago. Who knows, I might have have even thrown it at him :)  But since our relationship did remain "rock" solid, I think I'll still hold onto it.  Pun intended.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am curious about all the other things you found n that bedroom....if you have a rock, there must be lots of interesting things. I have to admit, it is pretty amazing that you kept that for I cannot count how many years.

Misty B. said...

I've never seen that rock. Where have you hid it? I wonder what Dad thought when you gave him a rock at 14 years old.

Tom Anderson said...

That is one romantic gift!! I think I will go out and find a rock and paint on it and give it to Lynn. I know where it would end up.

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

im pretty sure that is the cutest thing ever!! I love it! Also...thank you so so much for letting us use your cricit to cut out the lettering for my girls room! You are the best! :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is so sweet. I'm sure you little heart went pitter patter. And I love the timer thing. Maybe tomorrow...no, tomorrow is busy, but maybe Friday. My bedroom, living room, kitchen, spare bedroom...every room needs MANY hours. And my books are due at the library on Saturday so I better hurry.

Astromom said...

That is the cutest thing. I didn't know you were childhood sweethearts.