Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 3: An Adventure

today with Grandpa.

Today, instead of going to the testing center, I went to school with grandpa.  It was lots of fun, because I didn't have to be so quiet.   I tried to get into grandpa's office, but it only opens with grandpa's fingerprint. His office is a high-security zone. He said something about a biometric lock. I tried my finger but it didn't work.


Once we were inside the office, I helped grandpa with his computer work. Grandpa has more computers than anyone I know!

Grandpa let me learn right along with his Financial Literacy students...
  

 and draw fun pictures on Grandpa's whiteboard...


Then I got to teach his students in the computer lab
the things that Grandpa taught me.... 


and at class break I skipped with Grandpa's students to their next class.


One of my favorite activities of the day was working with his finance students on investment strategies.



 Grandpa's Desktop Publishing class was especially kind to me
after I shared with them the investment strategies
we developed in Grandpa's Financial Literacy class.

I had lots of fun helping Emma and Stephen deploy
computer images from the Altiris management console.


Grandpa sure does a lot of things at his school! 
But, helping Chris build a computerized Lego Robot was the best! 


 I rode all over the school on this robot!
I can't wait until I'm old enough to go to High School :-)


 After a fun day at school we went down
 to the Riverwoods shopping center. 
While there, we ran into Zoltar, a fortune teller.

 
Guess what my fortune is?

"You will travel far,
but home will always be with
Mrs. Bjorge's kindergarten class."


2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Very creative. That little girl gets into everything.

Justin Idiart said...

What wonderful grandparents. Thanks for taking care of Flat Eliza and for showing so much love to Annie. Looks like Gary's students and Annette's friends had fun too. You guys are the best.