Crinkled Oranges

Monday, May 2, 2011

I always have the best

intentions of writing notes and letters.  I don't know why it is so hard for me to actually sit down and do it.  I especially want to write to my grandchildren.  But, I get caught up in this thinking that if I send a letter to one, I need to send one to all 9 of the same time.  Then I decide that I will write a note a week and rotate.  That doesn't happen either.   Yet, there is really nothing more worthwhile I could be doing.  I think of and pray for them daily.

Recently I got a note from Hyrum that I treasure. 



For a "Faith In God" goal he was supposed to send a thank-you note.  He said that he appreciates that I am "nice and joyfull."  Thank you, Hyrum, your note means a lot to me.  It makes me want to be a better person, especially on days when I am not being as nice or acting as joyfully as I could be..  

Then today I got this little letter from Annie.  


To help her with a project in kindergarten, I'm supposed to take this "flat person" (which she named Eliza), with me wherever I go for a week.  I'm supposed to take pictures and write down what I do, and then mail it back to her.   (It looks like I've got my blog posts for a week all figured out!)  I'm going to have to be on my best behavior for a week while I have this "flat person" following me around.   

I should have had her with me today when I cashed in $180 worth of coins at the grocery store. On second, thought, I'm glad I didn't have her with me.    I wouldn't have wanted to take a picture.   I was using one of those machines where you pour the coins in and it counts it.  I had  two large jars full of coins that have accumulated over several years, and it took a while because I had so many.  It was so noisy that I was sure everyone one staring at me.  But, I swallowed my pride for the extra cash.  I felt a little bit like I was playing the slot machines and winning the jackpot.

And to all my wonderful grandchildren, who I don't write enough notes or letters to.   I want you to know that I love you each, individually, for who you are, for the special gifts you possess, and because you bring joy to my life.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Mom, you do so much already! Please don't beat yourself up about the notes! The kids absolutely without a doubt know they are loved by you! Annie will be thrilled to see her flat person on your blog. I'll show her later.

Misty B. said...

There isn't anyone I know who was born to be a grandma more than you! You're amazing and they feel your love all the time.