Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 5: More adventures

with Annie's Flat Eliza.

Remember I told you we were going to make cupcakes today? 
Well, we made a lot of cupcakes today! 
 (Grandma is making some for a wedding, 
which is why we made so many).

  I borrowed an apron from one of the "apron girls," and it fit just right!  
I got to add ingredients,


and mix them together.


And, best of all, I got to lick the spoon!
As you can see, I got a little bit on my hands and face.

 
I guess Annie does the same thing when she helps make cupcakes. 
Grandma showed me this picture she took of Annie in March.



When we went to get the mail, grandma was excited. 
We sat on the porch swing and tried to figure out what was
in the mother's day envelopes that came from Missouri and Oregon.


Annie had told me how much grandpa loved ketchup and mustard.
But I was still surprised when he tried to get me to dip food
 like oranges and veggie sticks in ketchup.   Yuck!
I had a fun surprise when the doorbell rang and a friend come to visit. 
Guess who it was?  It was Flat Stanley! 
He had come from Idaho to visit his Grandma and Grandpa Roylance.

Aunt Natalie came over and we went to get manicures at the Mall.
I got clear polish on my nails.


Then we went to the cemetery with Uncle Gary and Aunt Lynn.

We put flowers on Annie's great-grandma and grandpa's graves.  They were born almost 100 years ago.   Grandma and Grandpa told me how grateful they are that they had such good parents.



It's been a very busy day.   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the post. What fun!!

Tom Anderson said...

I learn much about your life through the eyes of Annie. It is fun.

Stacey said...

You are TOOOOO cute!! How much fun :)