Crinkled Oranges

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 4: Today after school

we went to buy flowers to plant in Annie's grandma and grandpa's yard.  The FFA down at Provo High was having a sale of the plants they grew in the greenhouse.  I got to help pick out the flowers.  My favorite were the pink cosmos.


When we went to pay for them, the FFA girl was so excited when she saw "Flat Stanley."   I guess she knows all about him.  I had to explain that to her that I was kind of like him, but that my name was Flat Eliza and that I came to visit from Annie's kindergarten class in Oregon.


 While we were at Provo High



buying the flowers, Annie's grandma said she wanted to show me a spot where she spent lots of time when she and grandpa were in high school  (Can you believe they graduated from this school 39 years ago?  They are really old!)  This is the spot grandma showed me.  


It's the exit from the boys locker room.  (Don't worry, I didn't go in!)  Grandma said that after every sports event grandpa played in, she would wait outside for him to come out.  And she would wait, and wait, and wait.  And he was always the very last one out.  She said he hasn't changed in that way at all. 


I'm excited for tomorrow.  I get to help make cupcakes!  Tonight I'm going to help sew an apron.   The fabric looks like chocolate chips and chocolate chip cookies. 


Hmm, just looking at it makes me want some cookies.    
When I told Annie's grandma that I wanted cookies, 
she said maybe we would make some.
And, best of all, that we could
send some home with me!

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I remember that things were so tough with Annette finding boys to go out with her in High School that she waited at the exit from the boy's room. It was really sad!!

Robin said...

Annette, I just had to laugh at Annies's adventures. So fun. Gary was a good sport to take Annie or Eliza places. Love you guys, Robin

Tiffany said...

That was really funny, thank you Grandma, Annie