Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 1: The adventures of Annie's

friend, Flat Eliza.

I arrived in Provo, Utah, yesterday by air mail.  I'm hoping I can have a fun week with Annie's grandma and grandpa. 

But, today I had to get up early to go into work with Annie's grandma.  It's too bad she has to work this week, or I could play all day long.

This is what I saw as I got to the school where Annie's grandma is helping with CRT testing.  This mountain is called Mt. Timpanogos  (sometimes grandpa jokingly calls it "Mt. Pick-a-noses" to his grandchildren)

We walked into this building, which is the temporary testing building.

I went right up to the front of the room and watched all the
classes come in and take tests all day.

 I was surprised by how quiet all the high school students were. 
They were not quite as wiggly as the kindergarten class I came from.

After Annie's grandpa came home from teaching school,
I went on some errands with him. 

He's kind of funny.
He put rabbit ears above my head for the picture.

Oops, I better buckle up.



We went to the bank, got gas,
and ate dinner at Cafe Rio (Yum)

 When we got home, I watched a fun show
with grandma about making cupcakes,
 But then grandpa had to watch a ball game, and I got bored.

It's nice and cozy in front of the fire,
but I can't believe it's cold enough to have one.
It's early, but I think I'm ready for bed. 
I have to get up early again in the morning.
I'm kind of homesick for Annie and her class,
but I'm having a good time so far.



2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Cute entry. Loved the pics

Tiffany said...

I wish I was there with you and flat Eliza! Annie