Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 6: It's my last day in

Utah, and I've had such a fun mother's day!  Grandpa and I brought grandma breakfast in bed.  I helped peel the oranges and put the peanut butter on the bread.  We arranged the oranges around the toast into the shape of an M for mom.
 

I went to grandma and grandpa's church and I was so reverent.  A lot of kids talked about how much they loved their moms and how much they appreciated everything they did for them.  It made me want to be a good mommy some day.

When we got home from church, Grandpa, Aunt Natalie, and I made grandma a really nice breakfast (for dinner) of eggs and pancakes with peanut butter and bananas. 



The only yucky thing was the
ketchup dip grandpa made.

I was so glad that I got to spend time with
Annie's Aunt Natalie.

and I was also glad that I got to eat those yummy pancakes!


Grandma said she was feeling so special and loved by her grandchildren.  The Bishop's sent her a crown, so she could be "Queen for a Day."     Annie's family sent an "I Love Grandma" book with their voices reading the story.   It made me happy to hear Annie's voice as she and her brother and sisters read the story!


As grandma tucked me into Annie's sleeping bag for the last time, 
she told me she would really miss me.  
I will miss them, too, but I'm very excited to
 see Annie and all of Mrs. Bjorge's class again.


So I'm saying my goodbyes and flying out tomorrow.
And, they're sending me home with lots of kisses!


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I like how you didn't like the dipping sauce!Annie