Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Last

year as a family we were watching some old Ashton family videos that had been put on DVD.  We were all rolling on the floor laughing when a 12 year old Gary showed up on the screen wearing a bright pink t-shirt with "Official Girl Watcher" printed on the front.

On Christmas Tiffany presented us with a card that had this picture of Gary and his Dad in it. 


When I saw the picture, my comment to Tiffany was, "You probably don't remember, but in that picture the shirt Dad has on said, Official Girl Watcher."  I was way off on the fact that she didn't remember, because this is what she gave us.



Well, on this "Official Girl Watcher's" birthday
I'd like him to know that I feel very blessed
to have been the "Official Girl" in his life.
He is the only boy I've had eyes for
from the time I was 13 years old.
I wouldn't change a thing about our life together.
(though things may have turned out differently
if I'd ever actually seen him in that shirt)


Thanks, Tiffany. for such a memorable gift.
We'll wear them proudly.

3 comments:

Gary said...

The pleasure and privilege has been all mine watching the "Official Girl" on this blog since the 5th Grade. I had a little work to do before she started noticing me by the 8th grade :-)

Love you always dear,

-Gary

tingey said...

Don't forget the help Duke gave the offical girl watcher around 1971.....Most of us already new that the only girl in Gary's life was Annette?

Misty B. said...

Kudos to Tiff for remembering to get those shirts! Dad, you must have had a lot of confidence to wear that shirt at 12 (especially in pink!) Love, Misty