Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Remember

when I said I was going to the party with my "nutty" friends?  Well, there is a reason I call them that.  These are all girls (women now, I guess) who I went to high school with.  I mentioned them before in a post in May ( Club Friends)


The big event we all try to attend each year is our Christmas party.  We have a dinner, visit, and exchange gifts.  I don't even know when the "nut ensemble" started, but probably about 15 years ago.  One of our friends brought, as a gag gift, a purse she had found in her grandmother's house.  It was a straw purse with nuts glued on.  It was so funny at the time, but what we didn't plan on was the next year when the person who got it brought it back with one more piece of "nut" apparel added.    Since then, one fortunate person has gotten to bring home the "traveling nut ensemble," and bring it back with one more piece added. 


Somehow, I became the
"fortunate" person this year.

I hardly do them justice,
so I let my "new friend" borrow them
so I could take some pictures.


Here is the summer ensemble
(be sure to notice the sunglasses,
the nuts on the swimsuit,
and the squirrel on the leash)
 
Here we have the winter attire:
MuMu with squirrels and nuts on it,
nut decorated hat, nut necklace,
earrings on hat (this friend doesn't have ears)
belt with nuts and sunflowers.

And here's the purse that started it all,
along with gloves, wallet, slippers,
and chocolate squirrel.

  I have no idea what I can add
for next year, 
but I guess I have a while to
think about it. 


And here we are modeling our
fancy glove favors.

What good friends they have
been for more than 40 years!

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

What a fun tradition. It seems unusual that so many can stay so close for so long. I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear the talk. Or, maybe I would not.

tingey said...

And to think I went to school with all these beautiful women. I thank my Father in Heaven that he sent me to such a wonderful group, and consider myself lucky to have great friends as these wonderful people?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You lucky duck to have so many long time friends. And as to the nutty stuff. All I ahve to say is that is some fancy stuff. I hope that woman's grandma is getting a good laugh over what her purse started.