Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pajamas

For the last two months our ward has had a "Pajama Project" with a goal to collect 100 pair of pajamas to give to the Division of Family Services.   It has been wonderful to witness the generosity of everyone.  We ended up with more than 120 pair of pajamas.  It was kind of funny when a few days ago we found out that they needed the pajamas by Monday (yesterday). Our first thoughts were, "But we were going to display them all at Homemaking on Tuesday (tonight). Reality check time! Here we are gathering them to keep children in need warm, but we're not going to give them to them when they need them because it doesn't fit our plans? It only took a second to recognize the irony of that. So we took pictures of most of the pajamas before we turned them in, and still ended up with more than enough to display.  Here are some pictures.










I love the thought of the children
(who are most likely experiencing 
a difficult situation their lives)
having a new pair soft, cute,
and warm pajamas.

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, Annette, what a good work you sisters did. I LOVE seeing all the PJ's. Tonight was a wonderful evening. (I will never eat again, I'm so stuffed!) And the program was lovely. Thank you for not making it into a quilt tying evening. I needed this so much and bawled like a baby. Thank you, thank you. I love you like crazy.

whirligigdaisy said...

Wow. What a great project. New pajamas are wonderful, but will be especially wonderful for those who will get these.

Tom Anderson said...

That is a really nice service project. Lucky them and kind of you.

Tiffany said...

Love it Mom! I'm sure it was an amazing night since you were in charge. Check that one off your list! Can't wait to see you soon.

Unknown said...

I think I saw the PJs I gave you the last few years :)